At Zenhub, we believe happy developers are productive developers, which is why we’ve evolved into a productivity management platform purpose-built for software teams at high-growth organizations.
Over the past few years, we’ve delivered numerous features to help our customers ship better code, faster. Starting July 1, 2022, we’ll be adjusting prices to more accurately reflect the value that Zenhub brings to customers.
Zenhub pricing changes for July 1, 2022
On July 1, 2022, we will be introducing new pricing for our Cloud plans as follows:
- Monthly Growth Plan: $12.50 per user per month
- Annual Growth Plan: $100 per user, billed annually (which works out to $8.33 per user per month, a 33% discount over our monthly plan)
We want to give you an opportunity to lock in your current rates. Before July 1, if you switch from a monthly to a yearly Growth plan, you can lock in the current $95 per user annual price.
At this time, there are no changes to our Enterprise plans (both On-premise and Cloud).
Additionally, there is no change to our free plan for customers using Zenhub for public, personal, and academic GitHub repositories.
The evolution of Zenhub
Our team has been working hard to continue to make managing work in Zenhub the best experience possible for software teams. We’ve evolved from a project management solution in GitHub to a powerful productivity management tool that helps software teams improve productivity, reduce time spent on repetitive tasks, and keep their focus where it matters – close to the code.
Over the past several years, we’ve launched many new functionalities in our Cloud product that are now some of our most loved and used features. Here’s a quick walk down memory lane on what we’ve launched in the past two years:
- Opened up the Zenhub experience to more people than ever by allowing users without a GitHub account to sign up for Zenhub and see real-time product roadmaps fuelled by GitHub data.
- Introduced automated sprint planning to enable teams to run sprints right in GitHub, focus on working more efficiently and spend less time in meetings. Sprint planning has now become one of our core features for teams practicing some level of agile.
- Added workflow automation to streamline handoffs and reduce friction between teams, while eliminating the need for status update meetings and making it easier for different teams to collaborate.
- Launched planning poker to help teams easily estimate right on GitHub issues on their own time, reducing time spent in meetings discussing story points.
- Added productivity insights to board view to give product teams actionable, real-time insights on sprint progress and team productivity.
- Delivered a better, faster, and more reliable experience with the release of ZenHub Board 2.0.
- Launched dark mode for Zenhub – one of our most-requested features.
- Relaunched our API, allowing teams to unlock even more value from Zenhub through custom scripts and triggers.
There’s more value to come
We won’t stop there, too. We’re always working on improving the Zenhub experience and adding features, and we’ll continue to evaluate our pricing structure to give you the most value, flexibility, and budget control possible. Check out upcoming features and submit your ideas on our Product Roadmap.
How to get in touch
Thank you for your continued support. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this price increase or need more information on how to switch your monthly Cloud plan to yearly to lock in your price, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please feel free to check out our Frequently Asked Questions below.
We are more than happy to discuss how our new pricing will apply to your team and how you can continue to get the most value out of Zenhub.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I know if I’m on a Cloud plan?
A: To see details of your subscription, navigate to the Account details area of the Zenhub Dashboard.
Q: When do the Cloud plan price changes take effect?
A: The new Cloud plan pricing comes into effect on July 1, 2022.
Q: How long can I lock in my current pricing?
A: If you migrate from a monthly to a yearly Growth plan by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on June 30, 2022, you can lock in the current $95 per user annual price.
Q: Why are you increasing the prices of your Cloud plans?
A: We have added several valuable features to the product since we last changed our Cloud prices in January 2020, including automated sprints, planning poker, real-time productivity insights, a better and faster Zenhub board, enhancements to our roadmaps, and much more. Increasing our Cloud pricing from $10 to $12.50 per user, per month and from $95 to $100 per user, when billed annually, aligns our price to the value we provide teams while ensuring we are competitively priced relative to the market.
Q: Is the Enterprise plan price changing?
A: No. This price increase does not affect customers on our Enterprise plan (both cloud-hosted and on-premise).
Q: Is the free plan changing?
A: No. Customers on free plans (e.g. public, personal, and academic GitHub repositories) will not be impacted — these plans will continue to be free.
Q: Will there be more price increases in the future?
A: As we make more investments in our product aimed at boosting software development team productivity, we will explore updates to our pricing to give you more value, flexibility, and budget control, while ensuring we are competitively priced relative to the market.